WELCOME TO QUEEN SQUARE'S CHIROPODY SERVICES!
What is Chiropody, and how can a chiropodist help you?
Chiropody is a healthcare profession that focuses on the assessment, treatment and prevention of foot-related conditions. At Queen Square Family Health Team, our chiropodists offer short-term services to rostered patients of Queen Square Doctors.
What happens during a chiropody appointment?
Once a referral is received from your Queen Square Doctor, you will be contacted by the chiropodist for a telephone screen to collect health history and information on foot issues and determine the level of urgency. The next visit is booked in the office with the chiropodist and involves a comprehensive foot exam.
Please note: In order to manage volumes & provide timely access to those patients who do not have other means, Queen Square Chiropody service is currently providing care only to those without private/ extended healthcare coverage. A list of alternate private care options can be given to patients who have private coverage.
Chiropody treatments and support may involve:
- Education and foot care advise
- Callus, warts and corn treatment
- Treatment of thickened and ingrown toenails, fungal nail and other skin conditions
- Bunions and other toe deformities
- Management of peripheral neuropathy and neuromas
- Wound & Diabetic foot care
- Soft tissue surgery
- Prescribing topical and oral meds
- Administering injections to the feet
- Administering stage 1 anesthesia
- Feet mobilization
- Referral for physiotherapy
- Identify other risk factors that can impact patient health & collaborate with other health care professionals
How do i see a Queen Square chiropodist for my foot issue(s)?
If you do not have private insurance that covers chiropody service, you may speak to your doctor or healthcare provider at Queen Square to obtain a referral.