Queen Square Family Health Team is proud to offer pharmacy services to our rostered patients virtually and in person. This includes, but is not limited to services such as:
- COVID 19 – Our pharmacists, in collaboration with other health care team members, support patients in the community fighting COVID 19 by providing Paxlovid® support & follow up, as well as support our COVID vaccine clinics
- Medication Assessment & Review – Our pharmacists look at each medication you are taking, counsel you on what it is used for, how to take it, and what to monitor for. It can also include looking up drug interactions and letting you know what is safe to take. If you have side effects, our pharmacists can identify whether it is caused by a medication, and what to do about it.
- Smoking Cessation – A consultation service which offers helpful strategies and information to quit or reduce your smoking and achieve your goals. It can also include access to smoking cessation aids, and nicotine replacement products.
- Group education – Our registered pharmacists, along with other team members, offer education workshops such as medications in mental health management, and chronic pain management
Other programs that our registered pharmacists are involved in include:
- Seniors Wellness Program
- Palliative Care Program
- Mental Health Program
- Diabetes Care
- Chronic Pain Management
- Post-Hospital Discharge Program
Our registered pharmacists work in a collaborative team environment to support our clinicians and staff so patients can have the best possible medication experience with the FHT.
- For more information on medications commonly used in mental health, please click here.
- For more information about the medication workshop, please click here to refer to our flyer.
- For more information and resources for chronic pain in the community, please click here.
- Please refer to our Power Over Pain flyer for more information, please click here to refer to our flyer.