Smoking Cessation Program at Queen Square
It’s never too late to quit using tobacco. The sooner you quit, the sooner you can breathe easier and reduce your chances of getting cancer, heart disease, stroke and much more!
Are you ready to quit smoking?
Our Smoking Cessation Program provides free support to all Queen Square Family Health Team patients (18+ age), including those who smoke or have recently quit smoking. With the help of our trained pharmacists, you can make your health your priority.
Our Smoking Cessation Program provides individualized virtual counselling sessions with your smoking cessation-trained pharmacist. Here is what you can expect:
- Initial visit (approximately 60 minutes) and Follow-up visits (approximately 30 minutes as required) – free of charge!
- Review of your current smoking habits and triggers
- Develop individualized strategies for helping you reach your reduction or quitting goals
- Discuss the risks of smoking and the benefits of quitting
- Create a ‘quit plan’ that best suit your needs
- Link to community supports and receive helpful resources
- Receive free Nicotine Replacement Therapy, including patches, gums, inhalers, and lozenges, through the STOP program
- Education on other treatment options which can be prescribed in collaboration with your family physician as needed
How to Join
Please ask your Queen Square doctor if you wish to be referred to the Smoking Cessation Program. You can also call us at 905 453 1453 if you have more questions about the program. We look forward to meeting with you.